Experienced principals and administrators face new challenges, both from external leadership as well as from their own desire to improve their leadership impact and the performance of the school. Reflective coaching, collaborative discussions and planning are essential in supporting their continued development.
As part of the comprehensive leadership development offered by the Illinois Principals Association, highly trained and experienced coaches are available to IPA professional development program participants and districts.
Coaching Services Include
In supporting and facilitating the refinement of leadership impact for experienced administrators, the coach will provide reflective and collaborative coaching that raise the level of insight and strategic decision making and planning in order to stretch and achieve desired goals and performance. Coaching will be tailored to meet the specific needs of each administrator, from supporting ongoing growth and improvement, to developing new skills and abilities to meet a new leadership role or initiative, to moving from high achieving to distinguished performance.
The Coach Will:
- Meet with the experienced administrator in his/her school or office and tour the facility to get an overview of building, operations, staff, students, parents, community, and school culture and environment
- Provide a minimum of three onsite coaching sessions, one of which will be with the IPA Coach and the IPA Field Services Coordinator
- Complete the Coaching Log, including Goals and Action Plan
- Establish environmental intelligence regarding building, operations, staff, students, parents, community, and school culture and environment
- Provide reflective and collaborative coaching in support of the development and implementation of a strategic plan to create deeper school change and higher school performance levels
- Provide expertise and guidance in the use of tools such as Self‐Assessments, Professional Development Plan, and Mid‐Year and End‐of‐Year Progress Assessments
- Coach and provide feedback in the development of a lattice of leadership in order to create sustained leadership
- Provide reflection and high level thinking in helping to develop resources to support personal and professional development
- Coach and assist in expanding experiences in districtwide or statewide leadership
- Provide the selected number of hours coaching through face-to-face meetings, webinars, phone meetings, and attendance at meetings or professional development activities with the administrator. Coaches will be matched with school leaders based the on grade level(s), needs and experiences, community, and geography. Consideration for matching will also address the following issues and topics:
- General Leadership
- Climate and Culture
- Family and Community Engagement
- School Improvement Planning and Implementation
- Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teacher Evaluation and Capacity Building
- Operations and Management
- Other Critical Issues of Concern
Additional Services Include
- Full access to the Ed Leaders Network (ELN)
- Regional support from IPA Field Coordinators and Association Leaders
- Legal support from the IPA’s General Counsel
- And more!
- 20 hours (Member -$1749 Nonmember – $2629)
- 40 hours (Member -$2999 Nonmember – $4499)
- 60 hours (Member -$4249 Nonmember -$6374)