The Illinois Principals Association is a membership organization currently serving over 5000 educational leaders throughout the state of Illinois. Members include principals, assistant principals, deans, special education administrators, central office leaders, aspiring leaders and retired administrators. Provided below is an extensive, non-exhaustive list of the IPA’s vast services. Join IPA Today!
- Legal Advice
- Contract Review
- Model Principal’s Contract
- Certification Support
- Salary Survey
- Research and Information Services
- Resume Evaluation
- Full time Lobbyist in the Illinois General Assembly
- Contacts with U.S. Congressmen and Senators
Illinois State Board of Education
- Liaison on State Board Committees and Forums
National and State
- Participation in key NASSP and NAESP Committees
- Participation in Statewide Management Alliance lobbying activities
(IPA, IASA, IASB, IASBO)
- IPA Connect provides Members an opportunity to network, collaborate and encourage one-another in a dynamic, online learning community.
- IPA is a great aid in developing professional networks that support and advance your career.
- Through local, regional and statewide meetings, many opportunities exist to socialize with colleagues and share ideas and best practices.
- Face-to-Face and Online Administrator Academies at the Member rate for both building leaders and other certified staff when the building
- Principal is an IPA Member.
- Members may access the Ed Leaders Network (www.edleadersnetwork.org) at the special Member rate.
- Regional Activities – including Student Recognition and Secretary Appreciation programs
- Professional Conferences
- Leadership Opportunities
- State and National Principal Recognition Programs and Awards
- Joint Programs with NAESP and NASSP
- Community Service Programs
Publications and Resources
- Online Model Student Handbook
- Weekly e-Publication: The PrinciPal
- Advocacy In Action
- IPA Website – www.ilprincipals.org
- IPA Connect (The IPA’s Online Professional Learning Community)