Small Group Sessions
Below are a list of sessions slated for the Education Leaders Fall Conference. We’re still getting details set, so check back here often for dates, descriptions and more!
- Why Soft Skills Can Be Hard (But Don’t Have to Be)
- Getting GRITty-One School’s Journey to Incorporate GRIT Schoolwide
- Leading with Hope, Optimism, and Credibility
- Black Girl Blues: Examining and Addressing Intra-racial bullying
- School Safety Information Sharing and Suspicious Activity in Schools
- Legal Session
- The Power of Student Voice/Student Choice in a Personalized Learning Environment
- Feedforward: How to Implement a Meaningful Feedback Loop
- Google for Administrators – Version 1.0
- Kindness in Krisis
- I’ve Tried Everything
- Strategic Leadership, PLCs and Results
- What Principals Should Know About a Tiered Approach to Chronic Absenteeism
- Don’t Call It a Circle: Restorative Practices that Support Students, Staff, and Academic Endeavors
- RED Camp: The Student Led Ed Camp
- Legislative Session
- Google for Administrators – Version 2.0
- The Elk Grove Collab Lab: Creating Responsive and Sustainable Teacher-Led Professional Learning
- Who Do You Think You Are Anyway? Developing Your Personal Intelligence
- Champions of Hope: Motivating Disengaged Students
- Seeking the Superintendency
- ISBE- ESSA
- What I Wish My Principal Knew About PBIS
- Retired Administrator’s
- Opting Into Student Success: How Data Transforms Schools
- Balancing the Effects of Trauma on Student Learning
- Urban Prep’s 4Rs: Creating a Culture of High Achievement
- Practice makes __________. Are you curious now?
- Legal Session 2
- What to expect when you’re NOT expecting– Things your administrative degree didn’t prep you for
- The Future Ready Challenge: Improve Student Outcomes in 18 Weeks
- WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students)
- Ed Leaders Network
Registration will be available soon.
Exhibits will take place on Monday, October 16 – 7:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. at the Prairie Capital Convention Center.
First General Session – Monday – October 16, 2017
“Is My School a Better Place Because I Lead It?” by Baruti K. Kafele
Second General Session – Monday, October 16, 2017
Awards for Excellence, IPA President’s Address, and the State of Education in Illinois
Third General Session – Tuesday, October 17, 2017
“Are You Durable?” – Anthony Perez
You are invited to participate in the annual Illinois Principals Association Golf Tournament scheduled for Sunday, October 15, 2017 at The Rail Golf Course in Springfield. The tournament is a preliminary activity to the Fall Conference. Registration form available here. Questions: Contact tournament chairman, Gary Brauns: 618-410-4662 or email@example.com.
President Abraham Lincoln Springfield – A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – 217-544-8800
701 E Adams St, Springfield
IPA Rate: $99 plus tax
Reservation Cutoff: September 22, 2017
Visit the Springfield Area Convention and Visitors Bureau website to find things to do in Springfield.