The goal of the IPA Building School Leader Network (BSLN) is to equip established administrators with the supports needed to effectively sustain culture, build systems and develop their learning organization, while affording the self-care necessary to build a sustainable career as a learning leader. For an additional fee, 20, 40, or 60 hours of coaching is available to individual administrators.
- Gain means for effectively addressing complex issues of school culture using the School Leader Paradigm.
- Clarify and integrate who you are and what you do to maximize your purpose as a learning leader.
- Identify the stakeholders within the school to develop shared leadership.
- Expand your tool box for leading deep systems change to improve learning through shared leadership.
- Leverage your professional learning network (PLN) to provide inspiration and support for ongoing transformational leadership.
- Apply cycles of inquiry to take intentional action in the Culture, Systems, and/or Learning Domains to improve teacher practice and student learning.
- Operationalize time and process management techniques into a high-impact weekly calendar that promotes proactive (rather than reactive) leadership.
- Refine key shared leadership structures in the school.
- Increase your knowledge and skill in growth-focused supervision and critical conversations.
- Embed habits and disciplines of self-care that help you lead an effective and sustainable career without losing your wholeness as a human being.
Dr. PJ Caposey
Meridian CUSD 223
Dr. Caposey will present the activities during highly interactive sessions and provide new learning and application strategies through knowledge sharing, reflection and collegial discussion. Participants will receive a rich variety of resources and tools to support their leadership development. In addition, Team Leaders will be available to individually support network participants throughout the program.
Dates and Cost
July 25-26 – Bloomington-Normal
October 20-21 – Peoria
January 16 – Bloomington-Normal
March 4 – Bloomington-Normal
IPA Member: $900
Non-IPA Member: $1,350
Special IPA member rate offered for participants in the network that have never been an IPA member before. If interested, please use the PDF registration form for the special rate.
Network registration includes Annual Conference Sunday reception and Monday Annual Conference attendance. Tuesday of the Annual Conference can be added on for an extra $50
Book Your Room
Click here for special hotel rates for the October session.
Click here for special hotel rates for the January session.
Click here for special hotel rates for the March session.
Experienced principals and administrators face new challenges, both from external leadership as well as from their own desire to improve their leadership impact and the performance of the school. Reflective coaching, collaborative discussions and planning are essential in supporting their continued development. As part of the comprehensive leadership development offered by the Illinois Principals Association, highly trained and experienced coaches are available to IPA professional development program participants and districts. Find out more here.