The Illinois Principals Foundation was originally established to fund research and monographs in the areas of school improvement, educational leadership and the principalship. It has allowed continuing education opportunities for the best principals in Illinois to become mentors and trainers for other principals. Recently, the Foundation has supported continuing education for IPA members through the John Ourth/Fred Singleton Professional Development Scholarships and providing resources to conference attendees. Additionally, support has been given to Illinois students through the Kids Helping Kids project. The Illinois Principals Foundation is “Providing resources to strengthen school leadership in Illinois,” and has the following goals:
- Support professional development for school administrators,
- Maintain a professional development resource library,
- Support and disseminate research and best practices on school improvement, leadership and the principalship,
- Provide resources for schools to develop innovative practices,
- Develop an annual special project that will benefit the membership of the IPA,
- and Support the needs of Illinois schoolchildren through special projects.
How Can You Help?
Support of generous contributors like you enables us to provide the programs that help support and encourage principals of schools all over Illinois. This support, in turn, allows principals to improve their schools and teaching environments. The investment you make today will help your community and those all over Illinois for generations of students.
Pledge your support today!
For more information about contributing to the Illinois Principals Foundation, please contact: